My Crazy Students

So I gave my intro to foods students a mid term, and they have been really fun to grade! I gave them three essay question choices and they had to choose one to write a one page essay on. The questions were all opinion questions.
One dealt with an issue of two girls suing McDonalds because of their obesity, another dealt with the issue of Cafeteria food and if they thought the unhealthy food contributes to childhood obesity, and also what they would do if they were president to help to prevent the rise of obesity.

So, all of them have been VERY passionate about what they have been writing, which is great! Some get so passionate that it is down right funny.

This comment at the end of this kids essay has been my favorite so far:


"these girls are blaming McD for their weight problem seems to me as when a rapist claims that girls ask for it by the way they dress. Just because Hamburgers are tasty and inexpensive does not mean you are allowed the 'rape' them"


Being a teacher is quite amusing. But I really love it. The students have written really positive things on the comment section about how my classes are their fav, and that they think I do a great job teaching the materials. It is so refreshing to hear that they are ACTUALLY learning and having a good time.

We went to the Homecomming dance last Friday, and we had a blast. Jake and I danced a lot. Yep.... my Jake danced and it was a blast. My students were like, " Look, a teacher dancing!" ...Oh if they only knew! haha.

Well i will email some pictures in the next few days of the Halloween Appetizer Showcase my advanced students did. It was a lot of fun!

Love you all! Jess and Jeron......You are in our prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Jessica

A Challenge

i like texas